We have our Cheng-cheng's measurements:
height 87cm (34.3 inches)
weight14kg (31 pounds)
head 51cm (20.1 inches)
chest 53cm (21 inches)
foot 16.5cm (6.5 inches)
Big boy! Just a few inches shorter than Zach and a few pounds lighter.
I bought one of those toddler backpack leashes for Cheng. I can't take a chance on losing him at the airport and he may not want to hold my hand. It looks like a monkey and Zach has been strapping himself into it and running around with Dora as his "owner" After a few minutes one or both smack into a wall and Mommy puts monkey away for the day...
We also had our first official day of homeschool for this school year. It went great! I took pictures of them holding up some books since the traditional backpack photo doesn't really apply. we just walk over to the cabinet to get our books! I'll post later. Dora is in kindergarten and Zach is doing 3 yr old preschool activities.
I was going to wait until after we pick up Cheng but Dora was begging to start and my husband was getting nervous because his co-worker's kids have started school.
Please continue to pray for Cheng's transition to a new family and culture.
Love, Pam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Pam, I have been following your blog some during the past few months. My family is in the process of adopting from China. In fact, we just sent our LOI to adopt a five-year-old little girl with a congenital heart defect in Wuhan in Hubei province.
I read lots of blogs, but I have special interest in yours because we considered adopting a nine-year-old girl with special needs from the same orphanage that you son is from--Sanmenxia SWI. We found out that she had some serious developmental delays that we didn't know if we could deal with, so we ended up not adopting her. However, I still think of her and pray for her nearly everyday. Our social worker said that I could send a package to her as long as it didn't contain anything personal like photos. So I am planning to do that. I also am hoping that there is some way that we can visit her orphanage whenever we travel to China. Anyway, I would love to hear the conditions of the orphange whenever you travel. I just really want to know that she's in a good place.
Post a Comment