Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A no nap day....





It was one of those days when the little ones catch a little catnap in the car and your usually calm older one is crazed by the end of the night from no nap at all...a day when my son who speaks very little English picked up the phrase "knock it off" by 12:00.

The morning went well- we did homeschool, played outside, coralled tantrums, etc, then we went to Keepers (homeschooler girl scouts) where one of our talented moms taught the girls how to can pear honey preserves and all the little boys played.

Then it was off to Daddy's work to show off Alex to his co-workers. They surprised us with cake and balloons and gifts. Alex charmed the whole crowd of course. His company is very supportive of adoption, giving huge grants and paternity leave to any employees who want to adopt. We appreciate Dan's workplace so much.

well, then we drove home, the kids trying to kill each other with the balloons all the while. By this time, Zach had half lost his mind. he kept asking, how did we get home, Mommy? i kept telling him: we drove, mommy drove. you know, in a car. Finally I said "I attached one of our balloons to the car and we floated home." This seemed to satisfy him.

I decided CC must have a bath because he's having an MRI tomorrow, early. Of course Zach wanted in, too. I made him promise not to pour water on CC's head (which CC, kind of enjoys, but it gets out of hand). So I let him in. Next Dora starts complaining that she always gets a bath alone, and when my back is turned she is in there too. I said "you will be killing each other in 5 minutes" Prophetic words...

I the midst of the chaos, I did pull off a yummy dinner (lamb, rice and broccoli), and I have to say a good dinner does make things better somehow...

The boys went down early and I played "my little ponies" with Dora. I can't remember the last time we played dolls together and it was a delight to peek into her imagination.

Pray for more patience for me and them! I would like to become the mom these kids deserve.

Love, Pam

1 comment:

Christy said...

you have always been such a sweet, patient mom. Even when you are getting on to the kids I envy your loving nature!!!

To copy the videos to your blog, just click on the links at the end. The Youtube one has something that says imbed and you just right click on it and copy it. Then, when you are ready to post you go to the html tab and paste it.

The Born Alive video should have an option at the end to copy it. Click Copy and then do the same as above.