Thursday, September 4, 2008

visit to the zoo











Hi all, everything is going great here. Turns out Cheng is potty trained, so that's a great blessing. Yesterday we visited the orphanage. it was a 4 hour trip into the countryside and very emotional. The poverty was overwhelming but so was the love the staff had for my son. Everyone from the guard to the nanny to an older boy (who stood out for being completely healthy) wanted to hug him one more time. They all agreed he is very smart. We also went to his finding place to take a photo. The staff was very hospitable and took us to lunch and even offered to take us to a historic spot, but we thought it would wear out little guy too much. They gave me a copy of his finding ad. One thing that struck me is that he'd be happily playing but if I stepped away he missed me. On the way home he said "Ni shi Mama", "You are mommy".






Today we went to the zoo. Cheng screeched with joy whenever he saw an animal (or a car or boat ride). He threw a tiny tantrum when I wouldn't let him push the buggy because he's too little. Two yr old behavior is universal! He wanted to really get to the little boats on the lake. He kept saying "Wo yao kan!!!!" "I want to see!!!"


Love, Pam






4 comments:

Erica said...

Pam,

It is so good to see you both together! I love his smile. Your trip is bringing back such fond memories of our trip just 3 short months ago. Have a great rest of the trip.

Love,

Erica, Brandt, Zachary and Lucy

PS - The only Chinese phrase (that I know of) that Lucy still says is "Wo yao!" "I want!" : )

MississippiZen said...

Congrats Pam & family!!! Can't wait to see you in GZ!

Your little boy is PRECIOUS!!!

Christy said...

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya'll are beautiful together! '

I can't wait to come to Jackson and meet him in person!

Handwoven Dreams said...

Pam,

Cheng is so sweet! I'm glad things are going well. I know you are probably counting the days until you have all your little ones together. That was truly the hardest part of our China trip for me.

Take care,
Betsy